By default, Shepherd will run the flag_aus_hdtv postprocessor to postprocess programming guide High Definition TV (HDTV) programme guide information. This postprocessor is necessary as the vast majority of data sources don't provide meainingful (or reliable) HDTV programming information.
flag_aus_hdtv performs a few functions:
- it will do a lookup on the DBA website (http://www.dba.org.au/dtvprograms) to gather a definitive list of programmes which are in HDTV. (at least, whatever Digital Broadcasting Australia think are in HDTV).
- it will then use that information to flag programmes as being in HDTV
- if you have HD channels on your system, each time it comes across a HD programme, it will copy it to the HD channel (also leaving it on the SD channel).
By default for any programme that is in HDTV:
- if you DON'T have the HD channel in your channel lineup, it will mark the programme as being in HD on the SD channel (i.e. just informative to let you know its available in HD). This behaviour can be overridden using the notag setting.
- if you DO have the HD channel in your channel lineup:
- if the action policy is set to copy, a copy of the programme is put in the HD channel (marked as HD). The programme in SD is left marked as-is. (if it has HD marked already, then that will stay as-is)
- if the action policy is set to move, then the programme will be moved to the HD channel (i.e. removed from the SD channel). The programme is marked as being in HDTV.
Default settings are to:
- always perform a DBA website lookup
- always tag with HDTV flags
- copy the programme to the HD channel, also leaving a copy in the SD channel
You can alter the policies as follows:
- to disable the DBA website lookup:
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --component-set flag_aus_hdtv:nodbalookup:1
- enable the DBA website lookup (default):
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --component-set flag_aus_hdtv:nodbalookup:0
- don't tag programmes with HDTV flag:
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --component-set flag_aus_hdtv:notag:1
- do tag programmes with HDTV flag (default):
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --component-set flag_aus_hdtv:notag:0
- move HDTV programmes to HD channel, removing them from the SD channel:
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --component-set flag_aus_hdtv:action:move
- copy HDTV programmes to HD channel, removing them from the SD channel (default):
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --component-set flag_aus_hdtv:action:copy
If you have no interest in HDTV data at all, you may tell Shepherd to not bother calling the flag_aus_hdtv postprocessor via:
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --disable flag_aus_hdtv
If you have disabled it and wish to re-enable it, use:
~/.shepherd/tv_grab_au --enable flag_aus_hdtv